Vol. 1, 22 December 2021
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
Blockchain is a chained data structure that combines data blocks in sequence in chronological order. It has the advantages of decentralization, immutability, distribution and transparency. Blockchain is mainly used in economy and finance, judicial practice, social governance, public welfare and charity, and other fields in China. As a new technology, the risks and challenges brought by blockchain include but are not limited to: algorithm security, convenience for crime, difficulty in determining jurisdiction, and inability to guarantee the right to be forgotten. To prevent blockchain risks requires to establish scientific algorithm rules, improve blockchain legislation, innovate regulatory measures, and establish a blockchain global governance system.
risks and challenges, blockchain, legal regulations
1. Pan Jian, Zhao Yahui, Duan Xinyi, Si Erxun. The Developing Blockchain in China, ANNUAL REPORT ON CHINA’S BLOCKCHAIN APPLICATION AND DEVELOPMENT (2019), edited by Ye Zhenzhen & Luo Hua. Social Sciences Academic Press (2019), pp-3
2. China Blockchain Technology and Industry Development Forum, "China Blockchain Technology and Application Development White Paper (2016)", Oct. 18, 2016. pp-5
3. ANNUAL REPORT ON CHINA’S BLOCKCHAIN APPLICATION AND DEVELOPMENT (2019), edited by Ye Zhenzhen & Luo Hua. pp-13
4. Jin Lu. Between Rules and Technology: Risk Analysis and Legal Regulation of Block Chain Technology Application. Law Science Magazine. 2020(7)
5. Zhu Yan, Wang Qiaoshi, Qin Bohan, Wang Zhonghao. Survey of blockchain technology and its advances, Chinese Journal of Engineering. 2019(11)
6. See European Central Bank: Virtual Currency Schemes. (2012) :42 - 45. https: //www.ecb.europa.eu/pub/pdf /other/virtualcurrencyschemes201210en. pdf (last visted mar29,2021).
7. GDPR, arts. 16-17.
8. He Bo. Blockchain Technology and Its Legal Problems. Professional Perspective. 2018(209)
9. Qi Xuexiang. Beyond Risk: Application Risk and Governance of Blockchain Technology. Social Sciences in Nanjing. 2020(1)
10. Chen Qiwei, Nie Linfeng. Technology + Legislation: Legal Protection of Personal Information Rights in the Era of Block Chain. Jiangxi Social Sciences. 2020(6)
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.