Vol. 2, 07 September 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
At present, with the rapid development of science and technology in China and the continuous strengthening of international strategic cooperation, the number of undergraduate students from abroad is increasing year by year. It is increasingly important to carry out curriculum ideological and political education for foreign students and cultivate all-around friendly and patriotic foreign students. Taking engineering mechanics as an example, this paper explores the methods and means of organically integrating curriculum ideological and political education into the course in the process of engineering teaching. This paper analyzes in detail the role of teaching method design, teaching technology innovation, and ideological and political scheme selection in the curriculum ideological and political education of foreign students. This paper demonstrates the organic combination of engineering teaching and foreign students' ideological and political education and explores new methods of curriculum ideological and political education for foreign students in the future.
engineering cases, teaching innovation, undergraduate oversea-students, curriculum ideological and political education, engineering mechanics
1. Yan LX, Xue GW, Duan RJ. Achievements and development trend of "the Belt and Road" higher education. Theory Observe, 2021, 1: 164–167.
2. Dong HL, Zhao AN, Zhang S, et al. Making colleges and universities a strong position to uphold the leadership of the party. People's Daily，2016-12-11.
3. Gao DY, Zong AD. From ideological and political courses to curriculum ideological and Political Education: constructing the curriculum system of Ideological and political education in colleges and universities from a strategic height. China Higher Education, 2017, 1: 43–46.
4. Qiao X. Research on ideological and political education for overseas students in Colleges and Universities. University, 2021, 48: 50–52.
5. Li RT, Zhao J, Deng S, et al. Ideological and political exploration of Engineering overseas students' courses in China in the new era -- Taking the energy and powerful discipline of Tianjin University as an example. Journal of Higher Education, 2020, 23: 10–12+15.
6. Li CY. A study on the Countermeasures of the frontier colleges and universities to train overseas students in Myanmar. Theory Observe, 2020, 2: 157–159.
7. Huang ST, Huang Y, Qu SS, et al. Teaching practice of acupuncture and moxibustion experiment course for MBBS international students in China. The Journal of Medical Theory and Practice, 34(21): 3849–3851.
8. Guan XN, Lin Q, Chen WJ, et al. Exploration and practice of textile experiment course for international student under the background of “Belt and Road”. Research and Exploration in Laboratory, 2021, 40(8): 199–202+269.
9. Zhang SQ, Li L, Wang LL, et al. Innovation and practice of Ideological and political education in the course of human anatomy for Chinese medical students in the new era. Anatomy Research, 2021, 43(4): 379–382.
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.