Vol. 1, 22 December 2021
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
The Corona virus causes major changes in the world, among which China-Iran relation is to change more or less under the influence. The worsened relations with the US of both countries are expected to push the two countries to have a more intimate friendship; the bilateral cooperation and the common interests of both countries also demonstrate a bright future. On the other hand, with the impediment of the second outbreak of the virus, the uncertainty of Iranian attitudes, and the impact of other countries, the improvement of the bilateral interactions is not all plain sailing. The essay aims to give analyses on these factors as well as some reasonable predictions.
COVID-19, China-Iran relations, opportunities and challenges
2. Diao Daming; Cai Hongyu. “Domestic Disputes in the US on the Strategies Confronting China”. Quarterly Journal of International Politics, 2020,1-35.
8. Zheng Yongnian. “New Trends on Relations of Major Counties under the Transformations Brought by COVID-19.” Frontiers, 2020, No. 191, 5-6.
11. https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/who-director-general-s-opening-remarks-at-the-media-briefing-on-covid- 19---9-march-2020
17. Liu Lanyu. “The Monetary Reform Implemented in Iran in Economic Trouble”. World Affairs, 2020, No. 1774, 64- 65
19. Zhao Guangcheng. “Iranian Diplomacy under the Rouhani Presidency”. International Forum, 2019, v. 21; No. 123, 141-156+162
23. http://www.sc.gov.cn/10462/12771/2020/12/9/0d30ff7377834b69bf6ec5667c51e7ce.shtml (access: 12.15)
25. Zhang Qianhong. Blue Book of Israel – Annual Report on Israel’s National Development (2017). Peking: Social Science Academic Press (China), 2017, 276.
26. Shen Changcheng; Chen Junhua; Gao Lei; Yu Ling. An Analysis on Mideast Geopolitical Environment’s Influence on Iran’s Rise. World Regional Studies, 2015, v. 24, 34-41+51.
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.