Vol. 1, 22 December 2021
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
Taiwan-related issues is the core issue in the Sino-American relations and the unification of China’s territory is unchallenged. However, during the COVID-19 global epidemic period, the US makes some changes on its Taiwan-related policies and wants to play ‘Taiwan card’ to put pressure on China. This article will talk about some of the changes the US makes during this period. The reasons of these changes and the influences caused by them will be discussed as well.
American Taiwan-related policy, COVID-19, trans-strait relation, Sino-American relation
1. Lin Gang. (2020) The Evolution of Us-Taiwan relations and Its causes during Trump Administration. Research on Fujian-Taiwan Relationship, 01:01.(In Chinese)
2. International Monetary Fund (2020).World Economic Outbook.imf.org.
3. Merkel (2020):Virus Is Biggest Challenge in EU History.Eszter,Zalan. https://euobserver.com/coronavirus/148003 .
4. Yang Zejun (2020).The Ultimate Taiwan Card of the Trump's Administration: Performance,Intention and Effect. Asia-Pacific Security and Maritime Affairs, 03:91-109.(In Chinese)
5. Cao Junqiang (2015).The Intersection of idealism and realism. Forum of World Economics & Politics, 03:46-59. (In Chinese)
6. H.R.535 2017/01/13 《Taiwan Travel Act》 Public Law No: 115-135.www.congress.gov
7. Guanchazhewang.Alex Azar has just arrived Taiwan.www.guancha.cn,2020-08-09.
8. S.2736 2018/04/24 《Asia Reassurance Initiative Act of 2018》 Public Law No: 115-409.www.congress.gov
9. Shen Huiping(2019).The Trend of U.S. Policy towards Taiwan and Its Impact on the cross-Strait Relations during the Trump Period —A Perspective of Setback Attack Theory.TAIWAN RESEARCH JOURNAL, 06:35-43. (In Chinese)
10. 133 STAT. 1198 PUBLIC LAW 116–92—DEC. 20, 2019.
11. Da Wei(2020).Where should the American China-related strategies go?.World Affairs,16:23-25. (In Chinese)
12. Kurt M. Campbel and Ely Ratner, in assessing China:How Beijing is Living up to U.S
13. Tang Ming(2020). Seven Steps to understand the data of US labor market.https://finance.sina.com.cn. (In Chinese)
14. John J.Mear-sheimer (2008).The Tragedy of Great Powers Politics[M].Shanghai Renmin:Shanghai.
15. Zhu Feng (2020).The Epidemic should be a opportunity to reinforce the corporation between China and the US
16. https://hnchome.nju.edu.cn. (In Chinese)
17. Yan Anling (2019).The evolution trend of Taiwan's political situation in 2019-2020 And its impact on cross-Straits relations.Modern Taiwan Studies. (In Chinese)
18. Wen Shaobiao, Liu Huaqing (2020).Legalization Process: the US-Taiwan Security Cooperation Under the Trump Administration.Taiwan Studies. (In Chinese)
19. Ma Xiaojun (2020).China's diplomacy in the new era injects certainty into the world.Journal Of Area And International Studies. (In Chinese)
20. Gao Zugui (2019).The significance of world is undergoing changes unseen in a century.www.cpcnews.cn (In Chinese)
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Authors who publish this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See Open Access Instruction).